CBD now gains popularity in media because it is a good booster after a workout. It could be added to smoothies or coffees, and some studies had conducted to prove the effectiveness of this product to some health disorders.
What is CBD?
CBD is a shortcut name for cannabidiol. This cannabidiol was taken from a hemp plant, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant. This CBD is now the second active ingredient for cannabis or marijuana. Although this CBD is an essential ingredient in medical marijuana, if it had used alone it cannot cause “high”. The WHO or World Health Organization was reported, that this CBD is not harmful in humans and has no indication that it has side effects when abused.
What are the Health Benefits of CBD?
It had believed that CBD has a good effect than THC or the Tetrahydrocannabinol, which is from the same plant family – cannabis. The THC is found to be addictive and can increase cravings, while CBD had found out to help those who are in recovery from the THC. Also, THC had found to be psychoactive that can increase anxiety while CBD can help heal anxiety and other related mental problems. Therefore, CBD can give relief to anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorders. It can also help give a good sleep and other eating disorders like binge eating disorder.
What is Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating disorder is a kind of eating disorder where one has the urge to eat in an unusual amount of food intake. The person who is suffering from this disorder is obese or overweight, and this is their signs and symptoms:
· Eating too much amount of food in a specific amount of time, usually over two hours eating.
· The thought that the eating behaviorcannot be stop.
· The urge to eat even when not hungry or the tummy is full.
· The urge to eat fast while in a binge episode.
· Eating until the stomach feels like about to blow.
· Usually eating alone in secret or hiding while eating.
· Wanted to diet but no weight loss.
· The feeling of being depressed, disgusted, ashamed or guilty of its eating behavior.
Unlike bulimia, a person with this disorder will not try to take out the extra calories they have eaten. They will just let it be like that.
What are the causes of Binge Eating Disorder?
Although there are no exact reasons why a person suffers from this eating disorder; but some believed to have this because of the following:
- Biological abnormalities – it is believed that hormonal irregularities or a genetic mutation are one of the causes of this disorder.
- Psychological problem – studies found out that there is a connection between depression and Binge eating disorder, like body dissatisfaction, coping difficulty, and low self-esteem is one of the examples of a person who are suffering from this.
- Social and cultural factors – some have Binge because of their traumatic experiences like sexual abuse and others. Also, those who suffered from body shaming and social pressure to be thin show symptoms of Binge.
How Serious Binge Eating disorder is?
Binge eating disorder is a serious disorder. It affects about 2.8 million Americans with this disorder. If this had not given medical attention, the person who has this end up with the following problems:
· Heart diseases
· Bone diseases
· More mental health disorders
Does CBD can Treat Binge Eating Disorder?
The answer is yes, CBD can.
How Does CBD work to solve the problem in Binge Eating Disorder?
The same with other eating disorders, like anorexia, bulimia, and others, this Binge eating disorder is a brain problem. This eating disorder works out in the reward system in our brain, and cannabidiol has access to our endocannabinoid system, which is the one that can regulate our body. This CBD will then act as an agent to prevent overstimulation to the reward system in the brain, which will, later on, help retrain the body to a healthier eating lifestyle.
What will be the result of CBD to those who had a Binge Eating Disorder?
After the CBD correct the reward system in our brain, these will be the results of those who use it for their disorder:
1. CBD will help reduce cravings
Cravings are usually the reasons why it is hard to quit any addiction a person has. For those who are having Binge Eating Disorder, CBD will help the person by regulating the dopamine in the brain, which later on can make the reward system in the brain regulated. Once it is regulated, the cravings are also regulated.
2. CBD will help treat the real issue.
The real issue in this disorder is stress, depression, anxiety, anger, or pain. We usually crave food because of our moods. Sometimes when we are sad, we want to eat sweets and so on. To treat the Binge, the CBD will treat the root cause of the disorder.
3. CBD will help loosen weight.
As we have learned, most Binge patients are overweight or obese. CBD will help in making one’s body slimmer. How does this work? Our body composes of brown and white fats. Brown fats are responsible to be burned for energy while white fats are for protecting the body and the immune system. These brown fats should be burned in order to be slim and healthy. So, the CBD then helps in burning the brown fats that will, later on, gives energy to the body and making the body slimmer.
Is CDB Legal?
In most parts of the U.S, CBD is so in demand, although the legality of it is still hanging. However, fifty states are now legalizing it but, of course, with different restrictions.